Friday, May 13, 2011

On a positive note

One of the best things about not (yet) having a second child is that with Eggbert pretty mobile and easygoing, travel is fairly easy and enjoyable. We're about to take off for a trip to Central America, and I can't wait. I'm so excited to show Eggbert a new place and to spend some time in the tropics again. Life is good, despite my reproductive woes.

Speaking of that...

We have tentatively decided to travel overseas to try a DE cycle sometime next spring. I'd like to do it domestically for many reasons, but the pricetag is just outrageous, and I can't really justify spending Eggbert's college fund on only a 60% chance of a sibling. More on that when we get back from our holiday. Until then, have a lovely spring!

9 comments:

Jjiraffe said...

Sounds like an amazing trip !! I'm a little jealous :)

Antropóloga said...

Ooh, Central America!

I'm curious where DE is cheaper. Hadn't considered that part of it! A lot of Swedes go to Denmark for sperm donation but I think that is due to restrictions in Sweden.

Lut C. said...

Sounds amazing, your trip. Have a good time!


And curious to hear about your plans.

Kristin said...

I would love to travel to Central America.

BTW, it just dawned on me to check my Creme post for new comments. Thanks for stopping by. Also, noticed on your profile that you say you are in NC. I love living in central NC. Are you still here in NC?

Sue said...

Good luck, and have a great trip!

JENN said...

Have fun Sara!

Lyrehca said...

Coming by months later to say thanks for your comment on my post that was featured in Mel's Creme de la Creme this year. Good luck with your next attempt.

Thalia said...

Sounds very exciting. You are braver than I am! I hope it's a wonderful trip.

St Elsewhere said...

Just wanted to wish you good luck for the DE cycle.

And I just wanted to send you a virtual hug for what you had to face family-wise.You are very courageous for having forgiven your sister for her misleading the family. To have suddenly discovered sperms and a uterus that works in the old-fashioned way does not take away the struggle that has preceded.

I know it well.