Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm too tired for this post

Well, the good news is that Eggbert's training for the baby Olympics continue. We haven't had a kick count of less than 50 since my last post. I know that this is silly, but it seems that the kicks are reaching higher up under my ribs, too, so I've decided that the Egg is still growing.

The only fly in the ointment is that I'm suddenly so tired that I can barely cope with getting out of bed. I see the doctor again on Saturday, and now I'm actually secretly hoping that she puts me on bed rest. It was my worst nightmare until recently, but at this point, I could really use a good excuse not to haul myself to work every day. Of course it would be better yet if Eggbert got a clean bill of health, and I started feeling better too. Still, at this point, I'm getting quite ready to hunker down and just wait for the big day.

5 comments:

Lut C. said...

Good to hear Eggbert is doing so well.

I know exactly what you mean about work! I was secretly relieved when my doctor ordered me to stop working.

Marie-Baguette said...

The last weeks of pregnancy are tough. Hopefully she will take pity on you and allow you to be on bed rest. Take good care of yourself

Rachel Inbar said...

Glad to hear Eggbert's kicking away. At least one of you's having fun :-)

Sarah said...

Tell your doctor how extremely run down you're feeling and they may very well agree bed rest is best even if Eggbert lookds fine.

I know what you mean about the ribs, I've had exactly the same thought the past few days. Surely these babies are growing away in there.

Rose said...

Hi Sara,
Bedrest isn't that bad, really, especially at the point you're at. You'll have time to rest and catch up on last minute things like the room and freezing meals and domestic things like that. I've been on bedrest pretty much since week 8 of this pregnancy...and it looks like it'll last the whole 9 months. Make the most of it (if you can), as apparently you won't get any type of bedrest for the next little while...