Monday, March 5, 2007

Countdown

The beta is tomorrow. I thought I wouldn't be freaking out, yet here I am freaking out. I haven't done a home test yet, out of sheer cowardice. I'm planning to do one tomorrow right before the beta, so I don't have to spend the whole day waiting for the phone call.

Here's the thing. There's no spotting yet (unlike last time), and no major cramping. I did have a big headache on Friday, but there was an obvious trigger other than PMS, so it doesn't really count. All of this should be good signs. But, we put in two not-very-nice embryos, and really nothing means anything but a positive test. The thing is, hope got all the way into the building and has wrapped herself so tightly around me that it would be really painful to have her ripped off again.

Well, either way, it's only one more day.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Mandy said...

Thinking of oyu, and fingers and toes crossed.
Stay away from those evil POAS's! Beta is better.
Luck luck luck! (I just spun around and clicked my heels, which should help as well)

Mandy said...

I mean "you" - little typo there...

Infertile Girl said...

Good Luck, the last 24 hours are probably worse than the 2 weeks prior. Thinking of you and let us all know the results.

Sarah said...

hope scares the shit out of me too! but is it okay if i hope on your behalf??

i would def POAS just before also, i never want to be surprised by the news from a stranger.

good luck!!!!

AshPash said...

Sara: Oh, such anxiety! Sending wishes for a BFP!!

Baby Blues said...

I really hope those two embryos would do it! Nothing is impossible. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there Sara.

Lisa said...

I am new here but I too want to wish you luck. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hopeful Mother said...

Good luck! The wait is almost over!

Marie-Baguette said...

I got pregnant with not-great embryos so there is hope! In fact I would not be surprised if both took! My advice would be to pee on the stick so that you know before hand. I am thinking of you a lot and hope for the best. I will be checking on you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Sara I'm thinking loads of positive thoughts for you..... oh and my fingers are crossed just for the old stand by method. Good luck!

Susan said...

Oh, you will be on my mind tomorrow. Everything is crossed for you.