Saturday, December 9, 2006

IVF Day 2

If my head explodes in my apartment, and noone is here to hear it, will it make a sound? This question is starting to seem more than merely rhetorical, as the suppression meds march through my brain, kicking things with their steel-toed boots as they move along. I woke up wanting to scream, and couldn't convince myself to get out of bed until 11 am, when I had to get up to give myself another shot of the drug that put myself in this condition in the first place. I really hope that this doesn't go on for weeks. I have always been a headachy person, but normally I manage it with some much nicer meds. I don't know if I should be taking lovely migraine meds with IVF meds, though. Hmmmm.

To make things worse, my husband will be out of town until tomorrow, so there's nobody here to feed me chicken soup. Actually, now that I mention it, maybe this is a good thing, because a) my husband does not specialize in being sympathetic to sick people, especially those with recurrent migraines, and b) I am a vegetarian, and therefore wouldn't touch chicken soup with a 10 foot pole.

I'm off to bang my head against the wall to see if I can distract myself from the rumblings on the inside.

No comments: