Sunday, November 4, 2007

Remind me never to leave the house

So, today I thought I'd run one final baby-preparation errand. I realized a little while ago that we don't have any diaper/nappy rash cream. So, I thought I'd run out and pick some up at the (somewhat fancy) store near our flat. Mystery said "don't you think it might be a little expensive there?" I said "yeah, probably, but how bad can it be? It's diaper rash cream!"

The answer: $34.00

On what planet are people willing to pay $34.00 for a little bottle of something that you spread on your kid's butt?

5 comments:

Dr. Grumbles said...

I guess they charge that much because they can. It's the type of product that, when you need it, you need it.

Lisa said...

What the hell! Is it a new mother guilt thing they are preying on? I can't believe how close you are! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

my family lives in singapore and that price sounds about rice! i think the going rate for cheerios is $15 for the small box.....
we call it planet of the crazy way too rich people!!!

JENN said...

Is Vaseline or baby powder that much too? Don't buy it unless you have to or find an alternative (or make your own). We never had to use the diaper rash cream. Hopefully Murphy's Law doesn't apply here.

AshPash said...

Try finding plain zinc oxide....that's all diaper rash cream is! Good luck!