Monday, November 12, 2007

Well, that's interesting

I had been thinking that as long as I didn't actually say how utterly amazed I was that I hadn't had any lower back pain at all during this pregnancy, I wouldn't jinx myself. Well, it turns out that thoughts can jinx too. Yesterday I woke up with a sore sacroiliac joint (the back of the pelvis), and by mid-afternoon, I couldn't even walk. So much for my plans to work right up to my due date (tomorrow). I spent today at home in my pajamas instead. Not so bad, I guess.

Only one week until induction if nothing happens sooner. If my pelvis doesn't get better, it's going to be a very long week.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

YOu made it a long time without lower back pain if your just getting it. That's great! You must have had strong back muscles pre-pregnancy. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer for the baby to arrive.

Rachel Inbar said...

Sounds like the baby could have moved lower... Hopefully that will make the birth easier.

BTW, I was induced at the end of 42 weeks with my first(an IVF baby) - it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be, at least in retrospect ;-)

Marie-Baguette said...

so sorry that you are in pain. how big is your baby now?